Friday, September 28, 2007

First day at the beach this summer!

Today Jake and I ventured to Caloundra to visit my best ffriend Sherrie and her *husband* (they only got married on Saturday) Alec at their family unit.

It started out a cold rainy day but soon cleared to yet another great Queensland spring day. Unfortunately I forgot the swimming bag and I had to borrow one of Sherrie's bikinis and Jake went nude bottom and a t-shirt. There are no photos bcos I borrowed the bikini, it was a little small and when asked if I wanted the camera I said no!

So we had lunch and Jake was quite happy to play with the pegs and the peg bucket, he had some lunch, Sher made some great sandwiches and we headed to the beach.

Jake had a ball - at first he was a bit hesitant with all that water but he was soon playing and splashing around in the shallows with us. He had a peg bucket and a pair of salad servers to dig with and was as happy as a pig in poo.

After an hour or so we headed back in and had some afternoon tea before heading back home. Needless to say Jake was asleep before we even go to the end of the street!

No comments: