Wednesday, August 8, 2007

better late than never.....

Hooray! Jake is nine months old today and it has only taken me this long to set up a blog for him! And what a nine months it has been.... and I thought the pregnancy was hard work!

The pregnancy itself was great once I got past the fear of another miscarriage, another partial mole and the morning sickness... yeah ... the pregnancy was great.

In fact it is probably the healthiest I had been in my adult life. I ate well, I exercised and I felt like an earth mother!

It's funny how when you have "permission" to be curvy (ie it's ok to be curvy bcos you're pregnant) how much more confident and beautiful I felt. I loved my shape and the changes happening inside of me and I was for once not wishing my bum was smaller, my belly flat etc etc etc. I was round and I was gorgeous!

Well enough of the narcissism....


What a change these little people bring to
your life - in so many ways that you only start to comprehend the extent of it when the little things happen. Going to the shops is no longer a quick, or leisurely, task and grocery shopping takes on such mammoth project management proportions if it includes a little person!

And sleep!

... what's that again?

Well let me bring you up to speed....

Jake Mitchell Fuller was born on 8th November 2006 at 7.07pm via c - section weighing a healthy 9lb 5oz (4324g) 55cm long with a head circumference of 37cm. He was a beautiful, long skinny baby with a squished head and a
long skinny body with spindly arms and legs. Unfortunately he wasn't interested in joining us on the outside and never descended into my pelvis - hence the Caesarean.


He was a very hungry boy from the start and although my breasts doubled in size when my milk came in, there was no engorgement because Jake emptied them as quickly as I could fill them! He was a Daddy's boy from the start - when he was born and once he was cleaned up he was s
traight to Daddy and I didn't get a look in until I got to recovery! The nights on the ward it was Darren pacing the halls with an unsettled boy while I had a few snatched moments of sleep and it was Daddy who was the chief burper, pillow, carrier, babysitter....




And then we came home....







2 comments:

sean__wong said...

Well Done J + D+ J
Although I'm not sure J junior will appreciate having his assets on display ! This is a family blog after all!

glowlimn said...

lol! love the nudey shot!!! just lovely to see you online... can't wait to hear about all the adventures! jake is a very lucky boy to have two such loving parents :)